Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Big 4

When it comes to music, I’m not super picky. I tend to appreciate most music, as long as it isn’t something super trashy, and even then, Kesha and LMFAO have their place now and then. But then there are those artists that I LOVE. It’s a good day when I hear them, and an even better day when I discover something by them I haven’t yet heard. My heart has a little niche that these artists claim as their own, and they’ll probably be there until the day I die. ‘Cuz I love ‘em, I really do.

The Eagles

I have my dad to thank for my love of these guys. As a kid, my family took a lot of road trips, and The Eagles were the typical music of choice for my father. So I grew up listening to their soulful harmony, and thoughtful lyrics.



Regina Spektor

Why am I such a Regi fan? This girl’s got mad skills. She has a versatile range of lyrical ability, ranging from light and playful to deep and introspective. Her music, to me, captures a lot of humanity. This is one of my favorites by her:



Janelle Monae

This girl is the artist I wish I could be, but I’m just not cool enough. She’s got class, she’s got personality, and an awesomely unique music style that’s all her own. She dances like a master, and writes her own cinema-worthy music. She’s the whole, genuine package.

This is the first song of hers that got me hooked:


And just in case you don't get how cool she really is:



Rob Thomas/Matchbox Twenty

If I were to marry a musical artist, it would be Rob Thomas (woah, not really people. It’s an expression). His music has the power to make my knees weak, and sing to my soul in such a way that leaves me in tears. It’s ridiculous. I guess he’s kind of my celeb crush, mostly just cuz I relate to his music really well. Here's a spin on one of my fave songs of all time:


Pretty awesome, eh folks? What are some of your favorite artists? I'm always on the lookout for something new and exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Thats fun, i love Janelle Monae tooo!!!! (U know that though!)

    ReplyDelete