Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

“There’s more to Thanksgiving than Potatoes.” –Rachael Jensen

Okay, so I know I’m late, and Thanksgiving happened 5 days ago, but I’m jumping on the bandwagon and making a gratitude list in honor of good ‘ol Turkey Day. Don’t roll your eyes at me- I know its overdone, but really, when’s the last time you made a list of things you’re grateful for? You should make one. You’ll feel better after, trust me. Anyway, here’s mine:

-Cousins!!!

Making Thanksgiving weekend awesome since… pretty much forever. The little ones play games with you, the older ones give you dating advice (is it wanted? Umm… cough cough), and all of them love ya despite that time you crashed their dirt bike.
Here are a few of my awesome cousins. Aren't they just adorable? And growin' up so fast. :)


-Awesome Music

Because music expresses humanity in ways that my meager vocabulary fails to do. And it takes road trips from unbearable to uber-relaxing. Here’s one of the songs I've been jamming to recently:



Sara Bareilles. Love her. And that end scene, where she's jammin' in her boots in her own little world? That would totally be me.


-Road Trips!

The destination is important of course, but getting there is half the fun. Especially if you stop once in a while to explore cool stuff, like old trails and ghost towns and the occasional ice cream shop.


-Stars

If you’re going to wish on something, it might as well be something as epic as a massive, glowing ball of plasma burning billions of trillions of miles away. And they're beautiful.



-Faith

Sometimes it’s the only thing that keeps you going. I’d be lost without it.


-High School Buddies

Especially the ones that you can still talk to forever about anything, even though you haven’t seen them in years. Good things like that should never change.


-Hot Cocoa

Chocolate’s good. In steaming, liquid form? Downright blissful.


-Hugs

I mean the real, genuine, heartfelt ones, given spur-of-the-moment. The sincerity of them surprises you at first, and then you just feel all warm and fuzzy. They're the best.



-Finding Awesome Parking Spots

Because its the little things that make life fabulous.


-Things that Make Me Laugh

Life is so much more enjoyable when you can laugh at yourself. Of course, funny youtube videos work too. Like this one:




Well, that's a starter list, any way. So Happy (late) Thanksgiving! Here's to leftover turkey and pumpkin pie! What about you guys? What are you grateful for?

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for laughing babies and last but not least : Smiley faces! :D I am thankful for more than that but those r pretty high up on my list!

    ReplyDelete